Tuesday, September 29, 2020


 

Cutie with a clefty

Some may wonder , what is a clefty?

A clefty is someone that was born with a cleft palate or clef lip , it affects your speech and sometimes left with a speech impediment !

Some asked " can you fix it ? "

Yes it can be fixed , however I did one operation and it open back , I was a baby and went through a major surgery to fix my palate , however it open as I grew older and I'm left with a hole at the roof of my mouth !

Do you have complications ? Yes I do , all the time , food stuff goes up there , if I drink too fast water can drown me , I can't wash my hair as any normal person but I get it done , I can't swim but I enjoy myself at the beach or river ! I learnt to love myself and love who I am !
My speech is a bit impaired but my business partners and my family understands me .
I take my time and talk so the words can be cleared ...
I'm grew to love me and I grew to overcome the hate the was inflicted on my life through people that bullied me and made fun of me , nevertheless I have many to live for as I heard the voice that spoke to me when I was about to kill myself !
I am now thankful and happy to be who I am today !!

Sarah G.

No comments:

Post a Comment